Tuesday, August 14, 2007

World Championships Training Camp

My apologies to those of you who have been checking for more frequent updates. Since getting back from Rio, it has been a very busy time for me and I have not had much time or ability to blog.



Last week, we left Colorado on Tuesday for Europe. We flew to Chicago, then overnight to Frankfurt, then to Berlin. From Berlin, we took a 3 hour bus ride to Drzonkow (pronounced John-kov) Poland. World Championships are not until this upcoming Friday, but we wanted to adjust to the time and the climate before competing.



Drzonkow itself is a tiny town on the outskirts of Zelona Gora, a small city in western Poland. There is a facility here that is really great to train at, but the town itself literally has one small shop and nothing else. Fortunately, I have my laptop (with dvd player) and Niul brought his Xbox 360. Until yesterday we were playing the Xbox on a small black and white TV. Last night, Janusz produced a projector (courtesy of the local pentathlon club) and we now play Xbox on a 70 inch screen in our hotel rooms!



There is only one internet connection here and I have not been able to hook up my laptop to the internet. Therefore, I don't have any pics yet for the blog; but I am hoping to load some in next week. The high point of the trip (aside from playing 70 inch Xbox) has been trying to snap photos of my teammates sleaping with funny expressions on their faces. Yes, we really are that bored!



Tomorrow we are getting on a bus at 8am for Berlin. I expect that it will take 3-4 hours to get to our hotel in downtown Berlin and after that we will try to visit the competition site. Cami is leaving Colorado to come out here tomorrow and will arive on Thursday in Berlin. That will be the first time that Cami has been able to join me at a competition this year. Our former exchange student, Vanessa, lives in Berlin and is going to show Cami around and give her the full tourist experience.



That's all for now. I'll try to get some competition updates out from Berlin after tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mouwoohze said...

I forgot Vanessa lived in Germany! Tell her we said hello!