Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gold Medal!!!!

As many of you already know, I won the gold medal today. Along with the win comes an automatic, by-name slot in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Before anything else, let me get out my thank you's. Thanks to God for giving me the talent to do this, my wife Cami for standing by me through a ton of stress and travel, my parents for always supporting me, my coaches for being so dedicated to me, and my friends for always being there.

Today was pretty solid all around for me. I had a decent shoot, a good fence, good swim, good ride, and led the run all the way through. In pentathlon, you typically dont have to be great in everything, you just have to be good in every event to do well; and that was today for me. While there will be a lot of work between now and Beijing, it is great to have the qualification over with. Thanks again for all the support of those of you out there who have encouraged and believed in me all these years.

Now for the fun part. Thanks to our media guy, Cecil Bliker, I have a fair amount of video from today. First up, swimming:



Then riding:



Here is some running:



And here is the medal ceremony:



We fly home tomorrow. I look forward to seeing those of you back in Colorado when we get back!

Eli

4 comments:

Mouwoohze said...

Be safe coming home! We'll see you over the weekend!

Unknown said...

Yeah, yeah. Nice job and all that. Do I even need to say it? Not that I can say anything yet... My real question is if this means you are coming out here for the AF Ball, and to see me? I have gotten bigger and am much more interactive now. JB would luv to see you too, of course, but he is no longer 21. Mommy says that he is taking swimming lessons and in no time at all will be beating you. He's in 'level 2'!

Ted Slater said...

Great videos!

Which leaves me pondering a question. How do you get your "things" to these international locations: your gun, your epee ... but especially your horse?

Glen and Shelly said...

Congratulations! Well done!